Saturday 24 January 2015

Man Discovers He Has A 61-Year-Old Son After He Finds Letter His Wife Had Hidden In 1959

A man discovered that he had a 61-year-old son he had never met – after he found a letter his wife had hidden in a drawer for 55 years.
The letter had been sent to Tony Trapani, 81, by an ex-lover in 1959 – but his wife, who could not have children, had hidden it.
Trapani found it while cleaning out a filing cabinet after his wife’s death – and immediately tracked down his son, 61-year-old Samuel Childress.
Childress said that he had always believed his father wanted nothing to do with him.
The letter said, ‘I have a little boy. He is five years old now. What I’m trying to say, Tony, is he is your son. He was born November 13th, 1953.’
Trapani told Fox17, ‘Why my wife didn’t tell me, I don’t know.She wanted children. She couldn’t have any. She tried and tried.’
‘He’s my son that I’ve had my whole life, but why my wife hid that letter is beyond me.

No comments: