Friday 27 September 2013

AGN War: ‘I’ll not allow my mandate to be stolen’ – Don Pedro Aganbi

Don Pedro Aganbi, Photo:Juliabliase
Don Pedro Aganbi

One of the two contestants in the recently concluded chairmanship election of the Lagos State chapter of the Actors’ Guild of Nigeria, Don Pedro Aganbi has told Nigerian Entertainment Today he’s the authentic winner of the controversial election.

Aganbi, a Public Relations Office in the previous dispensation, who was declared chairman in a small ceremony by the outgoing chairman, Emeka Rising told NET in a telephone conversation that he is and remains the valid winner of the election

‘The election as conducted by the AGNEC (Actors’ Guild of Nigeria Electoral Commission) on that day was in all ramifications favourable to me. Just before the elections were disrupted, I was leading the votes by a very wide margin and all of this is all documented on video. Victor and his cohorts think they can steal away my mandate, but I maintain my position on this. Even the outgoing executives led by Emeka Rising have recognized me as the new chairman.’

The highly controversial election held on Saturday, June 15, 2013 at the Remi Tinubu Hall of Surulere Local Government, Lagos.

The Lagos chapter has now fallen into two different factions, with uncertainty enveloping guild activities.

No comments: