Thursday 24 September 2015

Revealed: Why I Didn't Go To the World Class Hospital In Uyo For Treatment - Akpabio

Godswill Akpabio, Senate Minority leader has explained why he didn't go to the World class hospital he built in Akwa Ibom after his accident. 
Speaking at the 28th anniversary celebration of Akwa Ibom State on Wednesday, Akpabio said, ''when people are talking about the 20th Anniversary Hospital, they should go there and find out, even the CT (Computed Tomography) scan that I saw in London is not up to the one that you have in Uyo. That is the one they call 64 slides. Udom, the one that you have here is 640 slides. Ten times in magnification of what you have in Europe. 
''Why has the hospital not taken off? It is because the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria expects to register anybody who wants to work as a doctor in Nigeria. You cannot go to Britain and work in Britain unless you pass through the procedure. Because, at the same time Immigration must give you the necessary resident permit for you to bring in those doctors and those doctors must in turn have at least 2 to 3 people with them in order to pass technology to them. We are not going to bring in people to work here forever. They must handover to indigenous skilled manpower trained by Udom Gabriel Emmanuel.
''You have assured your people, I’m sure you will tell them that in less than one month from today the processes will be completed. When I was ill (I don’t pray to be ill), if I were to be ill next time I’m sure instead of flying me 6 hours to London, they will bring me 50 minutes into Akwa Ibom International Hospital and I will be very proud to come there and thereafter stand in front of you. Oh, my people. To God be the glory''.

No comments: